Sunday, June 22, 2014

Almost Halfway

Harper's Ferry is the psychological halfway point.  Today, in Sky Meadows State Park I saw a sign saying 'Harper's Ferry 32.8 miles.' I cried.  I am almost halfway to Mnt K.  I am almost halfway there.

I am pushing on through days of being achy all over.  I am pushing through weeks with more days of rain then sun.  I am pushing through meals so awful mice beg for the dinner mint first.

I am over coming myself and working with the trail to get to the next point.  Every day has a goal.  Every week has a rest point and a point of achievement.

Not a day goes by when I don't think taking time away was a waste.  My job us to walk, only walk.  I get up.  I pack my gear, all my belongings into the Crown Vic (Granite Gear Crown 60 backpack).  Then I start to walk.

I've walked nearly a thousand miles.  In the next two or three days I will have.  In the next 2 to 5 days I will cross both the psychological and the physical halfeay points.

Hike on.  Keep hiking...

No comments: