Thursday, August 18, 2016

Day 6, Star Lake

I chose to call it quits at Star Lake. I've got 10 miles down hill to do from here so it's a good place to say 6 were enough for the day by 10:30.  I wouldn't says it's a place worth bragging about.  It is nice in a territory that looks more like the south west.
.
I made my best time getting out of camp this morning not a lot to see where I camped last night.  As soon as I got on the trail, I did a quick inventory of the aches and pains.  Sure enough they were all accounted for, it would be a good hike.
.
The Freel area is different than the other regions of the TRT more for the granite sand soil and the less dense trees.
.
I noticed it clouding up this afternoon so I put up my tent.  I really want one night of sleeping under the stars however that darn moon is so bright. The question now is, rain again this afternoon and then clearing up or something different?
.
My Goal Zero Nomad 7 solar panel is not recharging the Goal Zero battery I brought, even in full sun.  I'll use it as a writing surface this evening for my journalling.  I need something that is light, will work in partial sun, and that doesn't need to be constantly watched for charging. The ability to be hung from my pack is a must.
.
I am running at 35% battery now so this may be the as entry from the trail. It's just nice to unplug for a whike.
.
Hike on!

No comments: