Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Trail Day 1

Last night I slept in a comfortable bed.  Tonight I'll be somewhere on the forest floor.  Ryan dropped me off at the Bridge of the Gods Oregon around 9:30.  I choked up in tears as I crossed.  I am back on the PCT.  The Columbia River swept under me.
I wove my way around and up along side Table Top Mountain.  Met a novice section hiker who was struggling.  I saw him at the next water, haven'tseen him since.  Some where along the way I pulled a muscle, arugh.  Every time I stubled from then on I cursed a moment.

I stopped around my mile 8 about 2:30 still climibing. I drank a Nuun tablet to rehydration and crashed out for a nap.  Refreshed I carried on.  I had 2 1/2 ltrs of water.
PCT 2161.8 I stoped for dinner at 6:30.  A near by spring is dry.  The next water source is 2.5 miles.  I have 1 ltr left after making dinner.

I've come 17.8 miles today.  Not bad for day 1 but, I'd like to clean up.  My legs scream stay.  I sit at the edge of an od clear cut.  Young trees crowd together.  A wood pecker raps on one of the few old standing trees.  Plenty of day light left and its down hill to the next water and camp sites.  I'm gona take a first day 20.

For those watching my SPOTs, yes, I did sleep on the side of a well groomed dirt road.  Had the stars for company and the heat as a blanket.  Eventually, I did slip my feet into my quilt.  The water was scarce and the campsites even more so from where I stopped for dinner, hence the road.

Hike on, Hike wise.

No comments: