Tuesday, July 24, 2018

day 6

A chilly morning coffee out on my friend's roof like patio told me to start with a jacket for the day.  This ended being a mistake.  It got hot in downtown. She was long gone to work when I got up.

I headed to Boeing Field's Museum where I spent most the day gawking at the preserved aircraft.  An SR-71 variant, multiple other cold war jets, a few spacecraft mock ups.  My dream liner lay in the gallery across the street, the Concorde.  The world's fastest commercial airliner. Sleek even on the ground. The cabin felt a bit cramped, I guess this is due to the plexiglass protecting the seats and other hardware.

I headed to Pike's Place Market.  Throngs of people, my people meter expired, I couldn't drop any more coins in it to keep me engaged.  The Caribbean Mercy, in '99, made a visit to the wharf behind it. No  nostalgia hit.

Made my way back out to the suburbs. Chilled on the roof.  I may have another ride up the mountain lined up tomorrow.  Not as far south as I'd like but, I'll be back on the PCT.  My hips are healed.  Now, my legs feel weak.  I'm thinking about keeping my leftovers from the first leg with me so that I can take the extra days on the trail.

Time to celebrate my B-day.  I do remember people help make the adventure special.


No comments: