Saturday, April 03, 2010

Three Amigos


Three Amigos, originally uploaded by freddyfromutah.
Salt Lake Photo Club got together at Black Rock for what looked like a non-sun sunset shoot. Well it did pop out and throw some awesome colors around the sky and off the waters.
This is Brady's photo (left). I'm in the middle. Mike almost takes center stage on the right.
For those who want to shoot sunsets. Go early, explore the area, find something of interest for foreground subject, and stay late. This is about 20 minutes after the sunset.
Knowing the Great Salt Lake, I went out with muddin' boots. I also booted my tripod with empty water bottles. Yeah, the group laughed but, my tripod came back cleaner and my tripod floated longer in the mud then the other felllas. This isn't to say I didn't get it dirty, just less dirty.

No comments: