Saturday, July 22, 2017

Wild Flowers

Escaping the heat of the Valley and the last minute to do's, I headed to the greatest wild flower area I know, Alta.  Sure I got up there around noon but, so what.  I watched to see where the majority were headed and went opposite.  Most from the lower parking lots caught the free shuttle to Cercet Lake trailhead.  Cercet is the correct spelling as established when Alta boosted 5000 residents in the gold/silver mining days.  The lake is a family friendly hike across Albion Basin.

I chose to head up Grizzly Gulch.  This leads through a maze of abandoned and sealed mines.  It's not so family friendly with the steepness.  I took the trail split a mile up to the west.  The upper west end pops out above Silver Fork easilierly accessed from Big Cottonwood.  I chatted with one other, a bloke from Bristol.  I passed a few others but didn't chat.

All of 4 miles today round trip.  Had I gotten the gusto to go early I'd have dropped into Brighton via Twin Lakes trail and returned by Catherine Pass.  The loop is about 8 miles and more if you take detours like where I went or up Mount Wolverine.

Ah a nice e quick get away for the day.

Hike on, hike wise.

No comments: