Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013

As the sun slips into Utah's brillant atmospheric conditions, I take a moment to reflect on 2013.  This is was a year to plan my dreams.  I hiked, not as often as 2012, but still I hiked.  I spent fewer nights under the stars, but the nights I did taught me invaluable lessons mixed with great rewards for knowing how far I can go.  I took great cafefully planned strides, may be to well planned.

For 2014 I'm looking to define my box, climb out of it, and push for the horizon.  If nothing else, I don't want to see what's on the other side, more for the lessons of the journey.

Each year I write a prayer for the year.  2013 was the shortest and the most rewarding.  In thinking about 2014's it'll be about the same length.  I do prayers over resolutions as prayers are deeper in meaning.  Resolutions, to me, are lists, lists to define, mark off, and to compare.  Seldom has a resolution rssulted in the desired change, prayers have.

Here's to a great New Year.  May your footing be solid, your traction true, & you find that which you are looking for while loosing that which does you no good.

No comments: