Monday, June 18, 2007

My Ring...

john 15:5

My ring is fading in detail, over the years I've banged it against the steel hull of the ship I sailed with while watching dolphins in the Pacific, kneaded it through loaves of bread dough (yes, I washed my hands with a scrub brush before I did so), scrubbed my hands raw after working with paint. It's fading and broken.

This detail though remains, I bought it on the 4th of July from a biker booth at the Freedom Festival in Duluth MN while I was with my roomie & shipmate of the Caribbean Mercy. The original significance is still there too. John 15:5 (NIV) "I am the vine you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." I've since given up on wearing chains around my neck. I don't like how chains cut into me while I pack a camera. I am too frugal to get a tat. I do though want to share the bit of my life few people ask beyond "Nice ring, can I see it?" This is how I visually show what I believe. I wear this broken, fading ring with a grape vine.

Details of the pix. Taken with a cell phone. I played with positioning and a small flash light on my dinning room table.

No comments: