Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Day 7

The return to the PCT, may be.

My friend dropped me off in front of a really posh house in Bellevue.  Per Google we were at the place a Trail Angle had text us to met them at.  As my friend drove away, I got a call from the TA, I described the house and... wrong place.  I hoofed it to a near by major landmark, Eastside Foursquare Church at 100 Ave NE and 145.

As I walked here, I pondered how many of us miss things because we get the address wrong, a coma is in the wrong place, or something similarly simple, just stupidly wrong.

So I wait.  My fear is getting something else slightly wrong.  Oh the minor infraction that leads to major issues.  My frustration leads down the wrong path with it.  A lesson I need to remember is don't sweat the details but, do pay attention to them.  Also step away from the frustration after acknowledging it.  I did seek a reset with the purpose of this hike.  I'm getting it.

Peter and Liren found me at the church.  We got under way after the intial greeting.  The drive is about an hour long from where we were.  They took me to the summit gas station.  My box was number 77 of over 200.  The hiker PO is the gas station.

Dean and Persephone both asked, how does this trail angel/ride thing work.  The short end, by luck.  The long end, it's a lot of work to reachout on 4 or more forums, make a request, search for offers, and try to connect.  Waiting and coordinating is the rough part for me.  Once the connection is made then time to evaluate the other, accept or decline the offer.  For me, what do they show publicly on their FB page, are they honest, ranting, clean, a wide range and mix of others.  Like online dating only not as serious.   I'm really thankful this ride worked for me.  They are a lovely couple.

They went to the trailhead.  I loaded up.  Later we'd leapfrog.  The climb gentle and refreshing, easy to be had water.  I'm writing whit on a break near Gravel Lake.  I thought Lake Blanche sees a lot of people,  there's a dozen tents set up by 3pm.  I hope everyone brought ear plugs.

PS I'm looki g for 15 miles today.  I finished at 2407.  I began at 2390.  17 miles.  This is good 57 to Stevens Pass.

I'm camped with 4 other trail side.  All of use look like weekenders.

Met many a SoBo: Peach, Taxi, Sky Bird, Spastic,  Bear Hair, and several others.  I've collided with the SoBo bubble.  More to come, I'm sure.

At this spot, the mosquitoes don't know they are to hid with falling temps.

Hike On.  Hile Wise.

No comments: