Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Day 8

Mosquitoes buzzed but, it was a black tail deer that caught me making dinner.  She'd wander out camp at night crunching on the leaves.

I wasn't the first to rise but, was the first to leave.  I enjoyed the morning light at 6:30 am.  I breached an over look of Spectacle Lake and broke into singing 10,000 Reasons by Christ Tomlin.  Soon I'd descend into Delate Falls where I'd dry out my tent.  It got a bit wet from ground moisture last night.

My attitude had sunk while in Seattle.  I'm sorry for any frustrating thoughts that came out.  I am kicking myself for not breaking down one or two aspects of last year's hike.  Mainly, my pack.  This one is riding nicely.  I recognize I get frustrated easily.  I need to find how to release it in a positive light.

Mix of thoughts, if I get to Canada in reasonable time, I'd like to flip back to where I got on yesterday and hike south as far as my time off will allow.  This will mean less make up miles in the future and I get to see Goat Rocks.  GR is SoWashington's spectacular spectacle. 

Rests were not super restful as mosquitoes or flies were in abundance.  Today included a lot of down and up and down some more.

I look a long break to air my feet before the last up.  Enjoyed setti g in a Uinta's like area a bit.

During the last down I met a few more SoBo's One told me of the awesome camp sites at the river.  I set up the tent then got water and made dinner.

I took my dinner for a walk to another camp site.  Thankful I'd set up where I did as it ws a free standing tent site only.  I require 7 stakes.  I just realized, Im on a slope bugger.  I talked the Sobo's camped there until a few minutes ago.  Great group of hikers all at different paces.  Several had done the AT Sobo.

Time to slide around.

Hike on.  Hike Wise.

No comments: