Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Day 2

No one came down the road last night.  I got on the trail before 6 and met Stanford at her camp at the next flowing water source by 6:30 ish.  I love a cool morning hike.  We met on FB Wednesday when she posted she was leave from the Bridge the same day as I.  I Private Messaged, I was too and gave a brief intro.  She was elated to met. She thought I might arrive last night.

We enjoyed breakfast there and gone by 7:30 odd.  Hiked together for a chunk of the moring then I went on to natural break areas. Our goal, Panther Creek (ice cold river with a bridge).  Breaks were long and at Trout Creek we met Airborn and Bones, two starters who are a head of the bubble.  We tagged with them for a couple of breaks before we turned towards the campground.  They were making miles even in 95 temps.

Along the way today, I kept checking my hips.  The belt rubbed two giant holes.  There isn't enough time or food supply on me to sit to heal a few days here.  I alottted the extra time in my vaction to be used in the North to get to Seattle.  The humidity ate by chaffing another area as well.  

Her decison to buy* a picnic table for the night turned into a blessing for me.  This campground is full of friendly people.  I'll zero here and post a note "PCT hike looking for ride into Portland or any place near there. See unit 3."

Months of planning, years of dreaming, and like ice on blacktop in July, gone.  

These two days include just under 40 miles of hiking, several dry water sources, a lot of sweat, and now tears as I drop out by injury.  I will return but, I dont see when.  Then again maybe I skip a head.

*camp at the local developed campground. 

No comments: