Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Ashland

Arriving by multiple methods to Ashland, I decided to walk the touristy area before either going to the Hostel or getting a ride to Callahan's Lodge.  Ashland, think Park City Main Street only flat one way and both one way areas full of artsy coffee shops, restaurants, and spendy places.  I decided not to find the hostel, I already annoyed myself.  Later I heard they were full. I got my start up supply.

I doubled back on my walking, spoke with a local, also walking, a moment later he beeped his Subie and I had my first ride towards the destination out of town.  Where he dropped me off was at another area conversations could be had and minutes later my second ride, also in a Subie (Subaru).  He dropped me off at the lodge.

I grabbed a hike al a cart deal, lawn camp and a clean up.  Later I folded for the all you can eat pasta.  I caught up with someone I'd met as I got of the train, Asghar, from Afghanistan been a resident sine 75.  Cool fellow, section hiking now after a knee injury.  We seemed to run into each other periodically throughout the day.

Also at Callahan's are a few 'starters' my term for those who started in Campo CA and not skipped sections.  A small tent city lines the back fence.  For me default, that area wasn't being watered when I got in, others followed suit.  Bad positioning has a few of us under the back light.

Tomorrow, I am on the PCT.  The updates will become few and far between.  I hope ya'll are enjoying this adventure to the trail.  Now it is truly time to Hike On and Hike Wise.

No comments: