Thursday, March 06, 2014

Rain

Since Utah seldom sees rain, I'm taking advantage of it right now.  I've pulled out my hammock tarp and put it up in the backyard.  If I didn't work in the morning, I'd sleep out here.  The cuben fiber tarp is bone dry inside.  It took a bit of tweaking to get it tight right to the ground.  It is a palace for one.  I've got about 7 feet usable floor distance and 4 feet across that's also usable.  Much further to the edge and it's to low. 
One thing about this fabric I'm noticing is how translucent it it.  I can almost see objects thru it at 6:30 this evening.  I guess that's good if I'm worried about things that go bump in the night.
I sure do love a dry place to set a while and the sound of rain on a tarp.  Let's see if I still love it in a few months.
Stay dry & hike on...


No comments: