Monday, April 26, 2010

I Walk For My Wife



MSWalk-PreyingJaws-39.jpg, originally uploaded by preyingjaws.
Can you tell who has MS by looking at them?
Honestly?
I couldn't. I'm not trained to spot who has or has not anything wrong with the. Quite frankly, I don't care what you have or have not. I enjoy taking pictures. I enjoy talking with others even more so. I like sharing a clip of life.

When I spotted this man's tag on his shirt I walked up to him and asked if I could take a photo of him and his lovely wife. I asked specifically for this pose. I personally think it shows what this event is about, loving on others and raising awareness about MS.

I've posted over 120 images. These images are of the event of random people I met and talked with. These are of random people I just took pictures of. Some folks are with children. Some folks are with dogs, several of these dogs are service companions. I honestly as I look back at the event surprised to see how many folks in motor scooters made the 3 mile journey from the Gateway Center to a park and back.

As for myself on that same journey I did about 1/3 walking backwards with only one mishap. I backed right into a parked pickup.
I did shoot a lot with a flash to fill in the shadows caused by the mid-day sun. I did shoot in aperture priority mode. My images are slightly processed through digiKam of the KDE Foundation, an open source project.

I do encourage you to look through the mass of images. Feel free to comment either here or on the page. These images are copyrighted by me. Please let me know where my images turn up. Sometimes it's really cool to see the various forms of non-commercial uses they show up as. FYI the MS Walk with Photo Walking Utah are released to the MS Utah for non-profit promotion under non-commercial license. If you see an image used other wise please contact that organization first and do let me know as well. The World Wide Web gets kinda sticky for artists in repostings. If you are in the image, please grab a copy to use. If on-line please link back to PreyingJaws.com

For more information about MS, the MS Walk, or how you can participate with the National MS Society please visit http://walkMSutah.org

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi :) I don't know how else to get in touch with you, but I was at Earth Jam on this past weekend and got your card after seeing you taking photos. I'd really love to see the pictures. I'm the blonde girl that was at the reggae band, where the guy was painting us with mud. My email address is Sarahlikewoah182@yahoo.com.

Great photography!

- Sarah