Saturday, June 29, 2019

Day 1

Day 1
Though I took 1/2 of Friday off,I used that time to relax the nerves and tidy up a few things still, I didn't get to sleep before midnight.  I also hungout with the neighbors for a bit, did some writing, and last minute intell gathering, ok I surfed Instagram for #pct2019.  Mom, you don't need this app, I'll send you my photos. 

My wake up call came too early.  Why can't I be that guy who wakes up & leaves 10 minutes later?  I'm a horrible morning person and give others time for me to get nice.  6 am check in at the airport, through security and at my gate by 6:15, that may not ever happen again.  I doubled back on the food court for breakfast and second coffee.  I'd barely sipped my first cup.

An economy class ticket and I score a window seat.  I look at the clouds below.  I don't have the airplane's flight tracker app.  I know when I see Washington my heart will break as I taped out of this rugged beauty last August.
Haze at 36,000 feet.  What's burning or is this reality of today's environment? Inciweb didn't show any active large fires in the NW.  Washington's volcanoes are in view.

Both flights, smooth with a bit of Medford turbulence.  I scored window seats both fligjts.  I enjoyed staring down below.  My mind flip floping to the rest of today's perceived events, converting the ruck from transportation mode to hiker mode, hooking up with RVT buses, and an Uber to Siskiyou Pass/Callahan's.

On the ground, got on the local Greyhound connection for Ashland.  Connecting main transportation to the trailhead, for me, is the most stressful.  I don't lile the ambiguity of it, especially when there is no clear pathway.

And then within 5 hours of leaving home I back at my other home.

No comments: